Home Become a Member Contact Us WinPicks Software Scoresline Sports Forum

Forums   Register   Profile   Inbox   Address Book   Subscribe   My Forums   Search   FAQ   Login   Log Out
Buy own parts, pay for labor?   Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Market Sectors] >> Automotive Stocks >> Buy own parts, pay for labor? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Buy own parts, pay for labor? - 5/3/2017 4:31:19 AM   
donnieclark

I'd like to get some advice for anyone who's taken a car to a mechanic. It sounds like a no-brainer, but do most of you buy your own parts to save on the overall bill?

My car is due for a timing belt change now that I'm approaching 60k miles. I've found a nice small family/mom & pop dealership that seems to do well. Been there once and was impressed with their hospitality. I don't do dealerships for obvious reasons, and even the smaller chains are resorting to scare tactics with expensive quotes have started this with me after years of being a loyal customer.

So my plan was to buy a timing belt and water pump, which look inexpensive from shopping around. Getting work done without parts seem to run people anywhere between $600-over $1k I'm hoping that at least with the parts, I just pay for labor since there is a cost for parts.

They do allow you to buy your own oil for a discount on the change (though in the end it costs you slightly more) which most mechanics around here don't do. Only thing I'm paranoid if these mechanics might try to tell me my own parts won't work but so far they've were legit with me and my supervisor who recommended me to them.

Any thoughts?

please help.

Thanks.

I didn't find the right solution from the internet.

References http://www.city-data.com/forum/automotive/1990187-buy-own-parts-pay-labor.html

-Personal Loan Video Examples

Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Market Sectors] >> Automotive Stocks >> Buy own parts, pay for labor? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 Unicode