Home Become a Member Contact Us WinPicks Software Scoresline Sports Forum

Forums   Register   Profile   Inbox   Address Book   Subscribe   My Forums   Search   FAQ   Login   Log Out
If you could invest in student debt, would you?   Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Market Talk] >> Market Commentary >> If you could invest in student debt, would you? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
If you could invest in student debt, would you? - 5/18/2017 1:46:18 AM   
donnieclark

Just a random thought that floated through my head recently and got me wondering. I know technically you could by way of a stock like Navient/Sallie Mae but that is still an equity at the whims of the market, or if you happen to be an institution you could do SLABS. But on a more practical level... If there was some kind of financial product that allowed you to directly invest in an individual's or group of individual's loans - would you do it? It seems to me like it could be an interesting strategy, not unlike a bond/cd/annuity, that would guarantee some modest return to the investor while offering better rates than the big lenders to the student. As long as the screening process didn't screw up, it seems like a pretty stable investment since it is non-dischargeable debt too. Anyway... that's my shower thought for the day.
What do you guys/gals think?
For More Details
Insurance Video

Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Market Talk] >> Market Commentary >> If you could invest in student debt, would you? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 Unicode