Home Become a Member Contact Us WinPicks Software Scoresline Sports Forum

Forums   Register   Profile   Inbox   Address Book   Subscribe   My Forums   Search   FAQ   Login   Log Out
What is a Check 21 claim?   Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Market Sectors] >> Banking and Financial Stocks >> What is a Check 21 claim? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
What is a Check 21 claim? - 6/6/2017 8:33:04 AM   
donnieclark

I am reviewing Regulation CC. I see the section on Check 21. I obtained our check adjustment records. We are not mailing out any type of recredit letters or final resolution letters. Perhaps I am nervous for no reason that we haven't been using the model notices in Reg CC????? How do I know if it is a check 21 claim? Basically one customer has come to the bank with a complaint that a check that was not hers cleared her account. It was a different bank and totally different name on the check, but anyway, we immediately gave her credit and submitted the adjustment through fedline. There was no paper notice provided to her. Was that a check 21 claim? Should we have mailed her a letter although she was in the bank when we gave her the credit and told her we were giving her her money back?
Second scenario is one of our business customers had a check clear his account twice. A local bank had somehow processed the batch twice. he called, we gave him credit, and did a check adjustment through fedline for a duplicate. No notice or letter was sent to him but he was told he had been given credit. Was this a check 21 claim?

thanks!

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.
References: https://www.bankersonline.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/2131678/what-is-a-check-21-claim#Post2131678

Animated Whiteboard Video Example
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Market Sectors] >> Banking and Financial Stocks >> What is a Check 21 claim? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 Unicode